Sunday, May 22, 2011

Big messes and sticky kisses...

 I used to read those stories about moms trying to keep up with "those" kinds of kids.  You know, the ones where the kid makes a huge mess somewhere, usually destroying something in the process, and while the mom is cleaning up that one, the kid goes on to destroy something else.  I always thought, "Boy, am I glad none of my kids are like that."  It wasn't sarcasm, either.  I was truly grateful I had never had to deal with that kind of situation. 

Well, I can no longer say that.  My youngest, Sarah, is one of "those" kinds of kids.  I know she's not trying to destroy the house and everything in it.  She is just curious.  Really curious.  I'm just relieved to know that life with one of "those" kids is not like "that" all the time.  Most of the time, it's all good. 

Luckily, it's temporary.  I just keep reminding myself of that fact.  Someday I will look back on these days and just be glad that I (and the house) survived them.  I'll probably even laugh... eventually.  But I'll also look back and really miss all of the sticky kisses and the goofy antics.  That's when I'll call one of my kids to bring my grandkids over to play.  And as soon as I see any sign of trouble, I'll send them all home to cause it.

For now, let's just say, I'm extremely grateful for naptime...

Enjoy (them while they're young),
Korrina

No comments:

Post a Comment