Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quote of the Week: David Eddings in Queen of Sorcery


"Great, gnarled roots twisted up out of the ooze along the banks like grotesquely misshapen legs, and trunks as vast as castles reached up into the steaming sky."
I am a huge fantasy fan and the first fantasy books I ever read were The Belgariad series by David Eddings.  He had such a wonderful way of making the people and settings come alive right before your eyes.  I think this description of the trees in the Nyissan swamp is particularly good.

Share your favorite book/author quotes in the comments below...

Enjoy!
Korrina

1 comment:

  1. Korrina, we have to talk about fantasy!!! I just finished Robin Hobb's newest series, which was good but I didn't like it as well as some of her others. And I just started re-reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, since the second book just came out. Join Goodreads and friend me so I can see what you're reading!

    ReplyDelete