Anyway, for Christmas this year Rock got me the Wii Fit Plus and I started using that. When I realized that I'd finally found an exercise program that would work for me, I finally decided to get serious about my weight loss.
So, here's what I've been doing (and I've lost 11 pounds in the last month!):
- First thing in the morning I eat an Access Bar (from Melaleuca- remind me to tell you about this awesome company later...). Since it has to be eaten on an empty stomach, I'll eat breakfast later. These bars are awesome! The first 30 minutes that you work out, you are burning sugar; after that you start to burn fat. That's why you get a "second wind" after about half an hour. The Access Bar gets you burning fat right away if you eat it on an empty stomach and it will keep working for 2 hours. (Anyway, that's what the company claims and I can tell you that if nothing else, it gives me a lot more energy to work out.)
- I check my email while I wait for the bar to kick in (about 15 minutes) and then I go turn on the Wii Fit. I workout on various games there until the clock hits about 30 minutes (which actually takes about 40 minutes for load times and stuff).
- Then I switch over to the "Dance on Broadway" game that I also got for Christmas. This isn't a workout game but it works that way anyway. You just follow the dancers on the screen with the Wiimote in your hand and you get a score based on how well you follow. It's fun and it gets me moving.
- After that, I usually do a few yoga poses and some crunches to get some of those areas that may have been missed by all of the other jumping around I just did.
- For breakfast, I have a SlimFast shake. I know a lot of people say they couldn't live on shakes but I really hate breakfast so with this I'm actually adding a meal to my day. Otherwise, I would just skip breakfast.
- For lunch I eat a Special K meal bar (they're cheaper than the SlimFast ones) and a handful of Baked Lays or a couple of crackers with some cheese slices. I've got to have something to break up all of that sweet stuff and the crackers or chips seem to do the job. You'd think I'd be hungry after so little food but I'm really not.
- At dinner, I just eat whatever I've planned on the menu- and I don't always cook healthy. I like to cook what my family likes so it's seldom super low-fat or anything. Not that it's all fried stuff or anything (as a matter of fact, I almost never fry anything)- it's just good food.
- I've found I can even eat ice cream or regular potato chips and stuff after dinner as long as it's not too much or too late or every night.
I hope I don't offend anyone with my comments and opinions, I don't mean to... Just want to share my thoughts on the subject.
I read somewhere that telling others your weight changes kind of makes you more accountable and want to work harder. So here it is: I am 35 years old and I weigh 232 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get to 136 lbs but I'd like to get down to 200 by the end of the summer. If you'd like to follow my progress, I will be posting my weight loss once a month in the right-hand side near the bottom of my blog.
Share your goals and progress in the comments below. We can support and encourage each other.